- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: CDC
** During the booking process you will be asked to choose your drink, appetizer, and main course options. The menu is flexible, and we do everything we can to accommodate your preferences. Therefore please specify if you have any dietary restrictions or other preferences so we can take them into account. **
- Chicha morada - purple corn drink
- Limonada peruana - lemonade
- Papa a la huancaína - boiled potatoes in a creamy, peppery sauce
- Causa - a chicken and avocado filling layered between creamy mashed-potato
- Rocoto relleno - spicy pepper stuffed with a flavorsome meat or vegetarian mix
- Papa rellena - a baked potato stuffed with generously seasoned ground beef and deep fried
- Meet an Awamaki guide in the Plaza de Armas in front of La Esquina café
- Walk to the market for a tour and to buy the remaining ingredients
- Short walk to teacher's home
- Drink a refreshing beverage and prepare the ingredients
- Sit down with your teacher and enjoy the appetizer and main course
- Head home with new cooking knowledge to impress your friends and family at home with!
We will meet in the Plaza de Armas in front of La Esquina café 5 minutes before your tour is scheduled. From here we will take a tour of the market before heading to the home of your cooking teacher.
When you finish your class you will be in close proximity to the center of Ollantaytambo.
THINGS TO BRING
- English-speaking guide/interpreter
- Local cooking teacher
- All necessary ingredients for cooking
- Transportation to Ollantaytambo from other cities, such as Urubamba or Cusco
- Hotel pickup and/or dropoff
- Train station pickup and/or dropoff