Cooking Class in Ollantaytambo
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: CDC
Peruvian food is famous all over the world, learn from local Peruvian teachers how to cook the most popular dishes among Peruvians. Our Journey will begin with a quick tour through Ollantaytambo's colorful market, where we will learn all about local foods and what is the best way to choose them. Then we will head into our teacher's home to begin our class that consist of one appetizer, and main course, and a drink. After everything is ready we will enjoy our meal together.
*** During these times of COVID 19, we will be teaching cooking classes at Awamaki's Office since it is a big space and we can keep you and our staff safe at all times. Using a mask at all times will be required ***
** On booking process you will be asked to choose your drink, appetizer, and main course options. The menu is flexible, and we do everything we can to accommodate your preferences. Therefore please specify if you have any dietary restrictions or other preferences so we can take them into account. **
- Chicha morada - purple corn drink
- Limonada peruana - lemonade
- Papa a la huancaína - boiled potatoes in a creamy, peppery sauce
- Causa - a chicken and avocado filling layered between creamy mashed-potato
- Rocoto relleno - spicy pepper stuffed with a flavorsome meat or vegetarian mix
- Papa rellena - a baked potato stuffed with generously seasoned ground beef and deep fried
- Meet an Awamaki guide in the Plaza de Armas in front of La Esquina café
- Walk to the market for a tour and to buy the remaining ingredients
- Short walk to teacher's home
- Drink a refreshing beverage and prepare the ingredients
- Sit down with your teacher and enjoy the appetizer and main course
- Head home with new cooking knowledge to impress your friends and family at home with!
We will meet in the Plaza de Armas in front of La Esquina café 5 minutes before your tour is scheduled. From here we will take a tour of the market before heading to the home of your cooking teacher.
When you finish your class you will be in close proximity to the center of Ollantaytambo.
THINGS TO BRING
- English-speaking guide/interpreter
- Local cooking teacher
- All necessary ingredients for cooking
- Transportation to Ollantaytambo from other cities, such as Urubamba or Cusco
- Hotel pickup and/or dropoff
- Train station pickup and/or dropoff